Visas For Travel And Immigration To Las Vegas, NV

By Published On: June 6th, 2018

Written by Eric Chambers from our Las Vegas, NV location. Call us today if you need any guidance with this process.

Fax: 702-586-3232
2785 E. Desert Inn Rd. Suite #100
Las Vegas, NV 89121

Are you thinking about traveling to Las Vegas, but you’re wondering what kind of visa for immigration or travel to Las Vegas you’ll need? If so, you’ve come to the right place. The truth is there are many options for you, and we’ll discuss some of the visas you might want to consider applying for.

Tourist Visa

If you want to travel to Las Vegas for tourism purposes or to visit family and friends, then consider applying for a tourist visa. You’ll have to fill out an application and you’ll have to prove you will leave the United States by the end of your visit, so make sure you have a return ticket back home. You’ll need to prove you have funds to support yourself too, and your visit can’t be for longer than 90 days. If you want to visit Las Vegas or other parts of America longer than 90 days, then you should apply for a different visa.

It’s important to note that not all visitors need a tourist or visitor’s visa. If you are from a country that is part of the Visa Waiver Program, then you do not need a tourist visa. You’ll still need to prove that you can support yourself and you’ll leave the country. Also, you have to apply for an ESTA if you plan on travelling under the Visa Waiver Program.

School & Training

If you want to go to Las Vegas to study or train, then you can apply for one of three visas. One of those visas is the F-1 visa, which is for academic students. If you want to study at a university in Las Vegas, then this is the visa you would want to apply for.

For those who want to attend a vocational school in Las Vegas can apply for an M-1 Visa. However, the school must be able to accept students with M-1 visas. There many be a number of technical schools that accept students with this visa, but you will need to do a bit of research on what schools accept students with M-1 visas.

Another visa is the J-1 Visa, which is for exchange visitors. This visa is more for professors and research scholars, as well as other kinds of exchange visitors. If you want to come to Las Vegas to further cultural exchange programs, then you can apply for a J-1 Visa.

Each type if visa has their own set of requirements you need to meet. For example, you have to attend an approved school in Las Vegas. If you’re not sure what the requirements are, then visit the US’s State Government website.

Family Visas

If you have family in Las Vegas, then you can apply for a K-1 Visa, which is a fiance visa. It is for people who are engaged to citizens of the United States. If your fiance is a citizen of the USA, then you can apply for this visa. If approved, you can remain to stay with your fiance in Las Vegas or elsewhere, but there are conditions you have to meet and follow while you have this visa.

The K-2 Visa is for the child of a fiance. If you have a child and you want to bring them to Las Vegas to join you and your spouse, then you’ll want to apply for this visa. If you’re a spouse of a citizen of the US, then you can apply for a K-4 Visa.


You have a number of employment visas you can apply for. This includes those with degrees in specialty occupations, as well as skilled seasonal workers/unskilled seasonable workers. Other visas are for internationally recognized artists, entertainers and athletes.

Such visas include the H1B, H2B, L1, L2, O1 and the P1 visa. Each visa has their own set of conditions and requirements. It’s advisable to become familiar with what they are.

If you’re not sure what visa you should apply for or whether or not you qualify for a specific visa, then contact an immigration attorney in Las Vegas. They’ll be able to guide you through the process of getting a visa for immigration or travel to Las Vegas. They’ll make the entire process much easier to understand.


Related UCEDA School Posts

  • Applying for an F1 visa can be a daunting process for international students who aspire to study in the United States. The F1 visa, specifically for academic students, allows individuals to pursue their education at accredited institutions, including colleges, universities, high schools, and language training programs. This guide aims to provide a comprehensive overview of […]

  • Achieving success on the TOEFL exam is a crucial milestone for non-native English speakers aiming for higher education or professional opportunities in English-speaking environments. UCEDA School offers comprehensive training to ensure you excel in this critical test.  Our programs cover all aspects of the TOEFL, including reading, listening, speaking, and writing sections. With tailored study […]

  • At UCEDA School, learning a second language transcends conventional education methods. Our holistic approach enriches language acquisition with a spectrum of learning dimensions, each designed to deepen understanding and effectiveness. We integrate dynamic, interactive engagement in real-world contexts, ensuring practical application and cultural immersion.  This multifaceted strategy enhances linguistic skills and cultural appreciation, fostering a […]