B-1 or B-2 Visa in Las Vegas – How to Get One

By Published On: July 5th, 2018

Written by Eric Chambers from our Las Vegas, NV location. Call us today if you need any guidance with this process.

Fax: 702-586-3232
2785 E. Desert Inn Rd. Suite #100
Las Vegas, NV 89121

If you will be traveling into the United States soon, specifically in Las Vegas, you are going to need to get a nonimmigrant visa. These are called B visas, and they can be used in a couple different ways. There is the B-1 visa which is given to people that are coming into America in order to do business. There is also the B-2 visa which is for those that are not coming in for business but simply for tourism. In some cases, you can get what is called a B1B2 visa which is for both business and pleasure. This is a more popular type of visa as it gives you both options at the same time. If you need to get one in Vegas, this is what you need to do in order to obtain one as quickly as possible.

Why Would You Need To Have A Combination Visa?

Many people ask why it is that people will get these combination leases. For example, if you are strictly coming in for business, why would you want to have any type of other stipulations such as being there for pleasure or tourism. Likewise, if you are coming over for a vacation, it seems to not make any sense at all to have someone get one of these dual visas if they will not be doing any type of business. The reason that people sometimes combine them is because they might be coming in for both reasons. They might have a business meeting, but after it’s done, they may want to do some sightseeing. It is also possible that they are coming over on a vacation. However, along the way they may need to do business with a potential client that happens to be in the Vegas area. Because it has that stipulation for doing business, it will be perfectly legitimate for them to interact in a businesslike manner.

What If You Only Want To Get One Of Them?

The main reason you are getting a visa is to give you permission to be in the United States for a minimal amount of time. That is your sole purpose. Your business plans, or your vacation plans are irrelevant. It is a document that you must have if you happen to be in the United States. Therefore, if you are coming over specifically for a vacation and you have your hotel room, rental car, and your plane ticket for the Vegas area, if you happen to do business inadvertently, it’s not going to be that big of a problem. The same is true for those that come over to visit potential clients, yet it is very common for clients to be entertained in the casino area. Therefore, it is up to you whether or not you get one or both. Some people just get both because they feel more confident that it will cover any activities that they will be doing.

How To Get One Of These In Vegas

The main reason you want to apply for one early is that it could take some time. You can do this on the web. You can also call them up on the phone, and there are groups of lawyers that will actually help people that are not in the United States. This is big business. It is true for virtually every major city. If you are going to be in the Vegas area, you will want to work with a lawyer in Nevada that is specifically licensed in that state. If that’s where you will be traveling, these are the companies you will want to work with so that you can get this done as quickly as possible. In some cases, it will happen very quickly. However, there are always possible problems that may arise. It just depends on what you want to do, and how quickly you need to get one, when you are picking and choosing from the many different B visa law firms.

This overview of getting either a B-1 or B-2 Visa in Las Vegas should help you understand what you need to do. It’s not that hard to accomplish. That’s because there are so many professionals that can do the paperwork for you. If you are ready to come into Vegas for a business meeting, or if you are interested in going to Vegas to play around, you need to get one of these visas as quickly as you can. It’s going to make your entire trip so much easier, and once you have this combination Visa, or just one of the two, you will legitimately be able to be in the United States of America.


Related UCEDA School Posts

  • Applying for an F1 visa can be a daunting process for international students who aspire to study in the United States. The F1 visa, specifically for academic students, allows individuals to pursue their education at accredited institutions, including colleges, universities, high schools, and language training programs. This guide aims to provide a comprehensive overview of […]

  • Achieving success on the TOEFL exam is a crucial milestone for non-native English speakers aiming for higher education or professional opportunities in English-speaking environments. UCEDA School offers comprehensive training to ensure you excel in this critical test.  Our programs cover all aspects of the TOEFL, including reading, listening, speaking, and writing sections. With tailored study […]

  • At UCEDA School, learning a second language transcends conventional education methods. Our holistic approach enriches language acquisition with a spectrum of learning dimensions, each designed to deepen understanding and effectiveness. We integrate dynamic, interactive engagement in real-world contexts, ensuring practical application and cultural immersion.  This multifaceted strategy enhances linguistic skills and cultural appreciation, fostering a […]